Cashew Blueberry Cookies
- 240 g cashew nuts
- 1 dl blueberries (you can use frozen as well)
- 3-4 tbsp honey
- 2 large egg whites (at room temperature)
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 175° C/ 350° F.
- Blend the cashew nuts into flour.
- In electric mixer beat egg whites and salt at high speed until soft peaks form. Reduce speed to medium and gradually add honey (one tablespoon at time). Return speed to high and beat mixture until stiff, shiny peaks form. Add vanilla extracts. Add grounded cashew nuts, blueberries and gently mix the dough.
- Put the dough on a baking sheet with tablespoon or with a pastry bag. Top each with almond slices or almonds. Bake until cookies are golden, about 25 minutes. Cool on sheets 5 minutes and then transfer to racks to cool completely. If they stay, then they will get crispier.
- Use it in a few days.