Would you like to have a cup of smoothie? Yes, please. I would like to have it with blackberries, blueberries and coconut flakes. Here you go!
One day I discovered coconut flakes and when I decided to toast them the result was so good that I couldn´t believe it. The raw coconut flakes aren´t that tasty at all. Toasted coconut flakes on the other hand are crispy snack like chips what you can´t stop eating. When you add them to your oatmeal, granola or smoothie bowl then it makes the whole dish even better than it already is. Compare to other healthy snacks like nuts coconut flakes are low in energy (also calories) so that you can eat it more than many other snacks.
Here is a simple and quick smoothie cup to use your crispy coconut flakes. You can always go creative with smoothies. However, I still have some recomendations while making smoothies. Some combinations are still quite bad inside the smoothies. For example, extra oils and processed juice.
I decided to serve the smoothie in a cup instead of bowl because quite often a bowl is too much for me and I don´t want to eat it all at once.
Blackberry Smoothie Cup with Coconut Chips
For the smoothie:
- 100 ml natural yogurt or Greek yogurt
- 1 bigger handful of blackberries (frozen are also suitable)
- 1 bigger handful of blueberries (frozen are also suitable)
- 1 smaller avocado
- 1 tsp honey or 3-4 dates
- 3-4 tbsp coconut flakes
- few blueberries and blackberries
- honey (optional)
- Toast the coconut flakes on a non-stick pan (without oil) until golden (it will take a few minutes, but keep stirring because it´s quite easy to burn them. Don´t prepare too many coconut flakes ahead because they will lose their crispy texture over the time).
- Blend all the smoothie ingredients until smooth.
- Serve the smoothie with coconut chips and berries.