The gardens are full of apples and because of that it´s time to make some apple cake. This recipe is something really simple to try. The magic thing about almond flour is that you don´t need to add extra butter because the almond have enough oil inside them! So using almond flour you don´t get dry cakes you get juicy airy cakes without butter.
Almond Flour Apple Cake Slice
- 140 g almond flour
- 3 eggs (room temperature )
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2-3 tart apples
- Handful of almond slices
- Preheat the oven to 175° C/ 347° F.
- Mix together almond flour, salt and baking powder.
- Whisk together egg yolks and honey.
- Chop apples into slices and mix them with maple syrup and cinnamon.
- With an electric mixer with a very clean bowl and clean whisk attachment, beat the egg whites (room temperature). When bubbles start to form and then add vanilla extract. Mix well until the egg whites mixture is firm.
- With the spoon gently mix together egg whites mixture and egg yolks mixture (lifting the mixture down to top, don´t use electric mixture at this time). Add almond flour mixture with a strainer. Gently mix with the spoon.
- Pour in the baking form (30 cm x 30 cm) or in spring form (you can use a bigger oven form as well, but then double the sizes).
- Add apple and almond slices on the dough.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden and the toothpick comes out clean.