These almond cookies are just fantastic. Sugar and gluten free! Usually in all almond cookies recipes are a lot of sugar but I used honey instead of usual refined sugar. The taste is also so good!
- 240 g almond flour or almond slices
- 3-4 tbsp honey
- 2 large egg whites (at room temperature)
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 175° C/ 350° F.
- If you use almond slices, then blend the slices into flour.
- In electric mixer beat egg whites and salt at high speed until soft peaks form. Reduce speed to medium and add honey (one tablespoon at time). Return speed to high and beat mixture until stiff, shiny peaks form. Add ground almond mixture and vanilla extracts.
- Put the dough on a baking sheet with tablespoon or with a pastry bag. Top each with almond slices or almonds. Bake until cookies are golden, about 25 minutes. Cool on sheets 5 minutes and then transfer to racks to cool completely. If they stay, then they will get crispier.
- Use it in a few days.