Easy, quick paleo & keto garlic tiger prawns with herbs that are perfect on top of the salads.
You might already know that I’m obsessed with seafood. It doesn’t matter if it’s a fish or other amazing ingredients that come straight from the sea. I’m in! Probably I eat seafood about three to four times a week and I can’t imagine my life without seafood. Every time I start eating less fish or meat and choose more vegan dishes my sugar cravings kick in. Yes, I eat healthy sweets but the problem is portion control. When I don’t eat enough fish or meat, then I can binge eat sweets all day long. That’s why I feel that seafood and meat are always going to be part of my menu.
I came up with this garlic prawns recipe when I was living in Australia. Obviously, prawns and other seafood choices in Australia are amazing. That’s why I had a chance to experiment with different recipes and one of my all-time favorite ones was this garlic recipe. All those herbs, lime and garlic mixture will always give that perfect combination for my prawns.
Keto & Paleo Garlic Prawns
6 tiger prawns
Preparation: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Ready: 45 minutes
Nutritional information (per 6 prawns): 210,1 kcal, Protein: 11,5 g, Net Carbs: 1,67 g, Fat: 17,6 g
- about 6 raw tiger prawns with tails (about 100 g, should look bluey-grey and once you cook them they turn pink, if you use frozen ones, then defrost them overnight in the fridge or put them in a cold water until defrosted)
- 1 minced garlic
- Seasoning: about 1/4 tsp pink Himalayan salt, a pinch of black pepper, 1/4 tsp basil & 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 tsp coconut butter (when you use a pan for cooking)
- Firstly, marinate the prawns. Dry the prawns with a paper towel. Mix the prawns, garlic, herbs, olive oil, and lime juice. Let it marinate about 30 minutes or overnight in the fridge.
- Place the prawns on a hot barbeque (or heat the coconut butter and place the prawns on a hot pan). Cook until one side is pink and turn once. Continue cooking until the flesh is pink (about 4-5 minutes).
- Serve and enjoy!*
* You can serve the prawns with fresh salad leaves, seasonal vegetables, fresh lime juice, and homemade pesto or avocado.
If you liked this recipe, then please leave a comment below or tag me on Instagram @healthylauracom or another platform. Your feedback is precious to me.