This mango chia yogurt bowl is one of the easiest vegan & paleo breakfasts (no added sugar). It takes only 5 minutes to put together and you will get a sweet ready to go treat in the morning.
If you know me for a while, then you might have noticed my chia obsession. The reason why I love chia pudding you can read here. One of the reasons is that it’s one of my favorite ways to get the fiber and omega-3 fatties into my body in a natural way. Whenever I feel like I have some problems with my digestive system, then these seeds always help me. Soaked chia almost like “vacuums” the digestive tract in a significant way.
If you also love these little nutritious seeds, they always make sure that you soak them before eating. I even highly suggest soaking it overnight to get all the benefits. Also, you can enjoy the pudding earlier, but if you would like to maximize the chia benefits, then please soak them overnight in the yogurt or whatever liquid you use.
My other chia pudding recipes are here:
- Berry Chia Pudding with Coconut Yogurt
- Travel Nut Milk Chia Pudding
- Strawberry Chia Pudding with Coconut Whipped Cream
This mango chia bowl recipe here is another version of using those fantastic seeds. Mango gives that sweet tropical flavor, and at the same time, you will get some amazing probiotics from your yogurt. Do I have to make all that effort and blend mango with yogurt? No, you don’t have to. You can always buy mango yogurt and mix it with chia seeds. However, I personally never use already sweetened yogurt. I’m weird. Maybe. I don’t like to get extra sugars from unknown sweeteners. Even if they say, it’s organic coconut sugar or agave nectar, then I still prefer to buy natural unsweetened one. I like to have control over my sweet treats and know what I’m eating. 😊
Paleo & Vegan Mango Chia Bowl
Preparation: 5 minutes
Ready: 1 h 5 min
Nutritional information (per recipe without a topping): 187,4 kcal, Protein: 1,91 g, Net Carbs: 28,9 g, Fat: 5,3 g
- 5 tbsp natural coconut milk yogurt or unsweetened yogurt (choose coconut one for vegan & paleo option)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- A pinch of vanilla bean powder
- 1 cup mango (frozen or fresh)
- For serving: some mango, other seasonal fruit or berries (I used frozen red currants) and seeds (optional)
- Blend mango with yogurt and vanilla until smooth.
- Combine with the yogurt mixture and 1 tbsp of chia seeds (don’t use a blender for this). Mix well.
- Store covered in the refrigerator overnight (or at least one hour on room temperature. It might take a little bit longer when you use frozen mango). Mix well before serving.
- Serve chia pudding with extra mango or other seasonal fruit.
If you liked this recipe, then please leave a comment below or tag me on Instagram @healthylauracom or another platform. Your feedback is very valuable to me.