This recipe needs some preparation but when you have done everything the night before then you can quickly but all the ingredients together and enjoy your breakfast. It´s totally worth the effort! In the store, the ready granolas are full of sugars and oils you don´t want to eat. So, I suggest making your own granola and if you do it once then it lasts for a long time in a glass jar. You can be really creative with your granola. You can put all your favourite ingredients together.
Granola Fruit Bowl with Frozen Yogurt
For frozen yoghurt:
- 1 ½ cup Greek yoghurt
- 1 vanilla bean or 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 1 tsp vanilla essence (with alcohol)
- 2-3 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup white grain quinoa
- ½ cup quinoa flakes
- 120 g sliced almonds (or chopped almonds)
- 2 tbsp dark cocoa powder (without sugar)
- 2-3 tbsp honey
- 3-4 tbsp coconut butter or other suitable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla paste or vanilla extract
- Seasonal fruits or berries (I used plums, peaches and bananas)
- Firstly, make the frozen yoghurt. Mix together all the frozen yoghurt ingredients and put it in the freezer. Stir the mixture about 3-4 times every 15-30 minutes until its frozen (it takes about 4 hours or overnight)-
- Secondly, preheat the oven to 160° C/ 320° F. Mix together all the granola ingredients and bake it about 20-25 minutes on a baking sheet until golden and crispy. While it´s baking then stir it a few times. Turn off the oven and open the oven door. Let them dry there about 15-20 minutes. When the granola has cooled down then keep the granola in a glass jar until needed.
- Serve about 2 tsp of granola with fresh fruits and frozen yoghurt.