Chia seeds are one of the superfoods you should eat! They are high protein content, high fibre content, lots of good fats and omega 3. These seeds are perfect for vegetarians. Soaked chia seeds become easily digestible and the body can get the full benefit by digesting them quickly and effectively. Furthermore, the body will get all of the nutritional value immediately. These seeds can be soaked in water, milk, juice or any other. One way to soak them is making pudding but you can also use them in smoothies.
- 1 cup unsweetened oat milk (or almond milk)
- 1 1/2 cup Greek yoghurt (or Turkish yoghurt which has less fat)
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- A pinch of grounded vanilla bean
- 1-2 tablespoons pure maple syrup or raw honey
- Seasonal berries and banana for topping (I used frozen which I had harvested in the season)
- Combine almond milk, chia seeds, vanilla and sweetener in a bowl.
- Mix well until combined.
- Store covered in the refrigerator overnight (or for at least an hour). It is better to soak them overnight because then you will get more health benefit.
- Stir well before serving. Top with bananas and berries of your choice.